Name:
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

I love being a husband, dad, brother and being uncle to the best nephews and nieces in the world. Macintosh computers rule.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why vote for Anyone?

I was reading our local paper, The Whitehorse Daily Star and I came across a letter to the editor entitled "How Could Anyone Vote Conversative?". It was an intriguing piece of work. It pointed out the faults of every "Conversative" Prime Minister Canada has had in since Diefenbaker. All the faults were pointed out. I can agree with this guy that nobody is perfect and some of his points are valid but I take issue with this idea that Canada is doomed and Canadians are un-Canadian because they vote Consevative. I have voted every which way and I can not guarantee which way I will vote in the future. I guess I could live with his critique if only he realized that all Prime Ministers no matter the party make mistakes such as the energy plan that Trudeau produced which in turn lead to Western Alienation... or in light of the election in Palestine and the victory of Hamas and all the pontential problems it causes in the Middle East I think a Conservative win in Canada is pretty tame. Stephen Harper might end up being the best or worst Prime Minister we have ever had. But keep in mind we have not elected Hamas and we know sooner or later we will have another election and civil war will not erupt. Although, I must say my five year old had it right when after watching some election coverage, he turned to me and said, "Vote for God!" He's got my vote.

|