Name:
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

I love being a husband, dad, brother and being uncle to the best nephews and nieces in the world. Macintosh computers rule.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Rice wants to negotiate deal

Rice wants to negotiate deal

I don't get it. We have won every arbitration of NAFTA. There is nothing to negotiate. My suggestion is to turn off the gas pump. They give back the fees and accept our softwood lumber according to NAFTA. The Americans understand hardball. They don't understand any other approach. This is what they do to others. Look at Iraq or Afghanistan. They always approach a problem with a big stick. He is the second Prime Minister to deal with this problem. The last one did nothing and this one is also doing little or nothing. Let's remember FT in NAFTA means "Fair Trade". The dispute mechanisms in NAFTA say our softwood lumber is being traded fairly so Ms. Rice should go home and we will sell our gas and oil to China. I also suggest we should take care of our own domestic gas and oil use and then sell the excess. As it stands now we export a large part of what we produce and then buy what we need. I am not economist but this makes no sense. We should fill our own needs first and then export the extra.

Personal Note for today:
On a more personal note I am glad to say our household has survived chicken pox. Both boys have now had it. It is another milestone in our house. I look at my youngest and he makes me feel itchy. In fact as I sit here I feel itchy. Have a good day!!

Here are some links about Chicken Pox:
Steroids And Chicken Pox Not A Good Mix
Chickenpox

MedlinePlus: Chickenpox

Chicken Pox/Shingles

Information about chickenpox


Chickenpox - MayoClinic.com

|